One of the easiest ways to maintain compliance with your uniform program is by selecting items your employees actually want to wear. We compiled some of the most common preferences across all industries, however some industries have different preferences than others.
Most Common Uniform Preferences
- Cargo pants are preferred vs. a standard work trouser without additional pockets.
- Keeping up the trend towards more causal workwear, polos are preferred over button down shirts.
- The choice between zip front sweatshirts vs. pullover hoodies seems to depend on personal preference, although, zip front sweatshirts are offered more often.
- Solid baseball caps are more popular than mesh baseball caps.
- Can’t decide on offering shirts with or without pockets? If you supply employees with cargo pants, they aren’t as concerned about a pocket on their shirt.
- Cotton fabric is heavy, prone to fading, absorbs water, and take longer to dry. Consider wickable alternatives to keep your employees looking professional and staying cool, dry, and happy!
- For outerwear, a 3-in-1 jacket is a great choice all year long. These typically consist of a waterproof or water-resistant outer shell and a warm, fleece-style jacket inside. Each piece can be worn separately or zippered together, giving three possible configurations. Unlike a single parka, a 3-in-1 jacket offers a versatile option throughout the changing seasons.
Unitec’s account managers help clients select which uniform products to offer based on job roles, industry, and other factors. Contact us to discuss your uniform program and Unitec’s fully managed uniform distribution.
Still not sure if a managed uniform program is right for you?
Uniform Program Evaluation Tool
Use this free online evaluation to see how your program is performing and find opportunities for improvement.
See it in Action
We can customize a demo of our Proximity System™ for your team to see how it works and better understand how Unitec can save you time, money, and headaches.