When it comes to uniforms, many people focus their attention on the products ordered. The thought is that you can save money by ordering lower cost items in bulk, limiting how many of each item your team receives and handing out items as needed. The reality is not that simple. New employees start throughout the year and uniform requirements can change based on the season, with promotions or with other events. Distributing that bulk order to hundreds of employees across multiple locations takes money and infrastructure that many organizations don’t have in place. Before long, the perceived savings you had on the initial order is lost to employee downtime, decreased morale, extra fees, and misplaced inventory. Plus, you end up ordering more items anyway, because you don’t have time to look through that bulk inventory.
Average Saved Per Month with a Managed Uniform Program
By definition, a process is a series of actions or steps taken in order to achieve a particular result. If you want to save money on your uniforms, you need to look beyond the items ordered.
- Set limits on what each employee can order. You can allocate uniforms based on a number of items per category of clothing or dollar amount per employee based on their department, job function or status. For instance, part time employees may receive less than full time employees in the same position. Managers receive different allotments and items than technicians in the same department. Whether it’s the amount to be ordered or limiting item selection, our managed uniform program keeps track of everything for you.
- Renew allowances automatically. By setting up a managed uniform program, you can determine how frequently employees receive new allowances for uniforms. With a system tracking these intervals, you don’t have to worry about employees getting more than they need in any period of time.
- Control how and where orders ship. Depending on the nature or size of your organization, it may be more cost effective to have uniforms shipped directly to employees’ homes or to satellite locations instead of your main office. Each package is neatly organized and labeled, so there’s no confusion.
- Streamline Reporting. Digging through receipts and trying to analyze spreadsheets takes time and creates headaches. Our Proximity System™ allows for instant 24/7 access to run reports on everything related to your uniforms. This saves time and improves your ability to budget.
Organizations that implement a managed uniform program save on average 23.5% per year on their uniforms. Request a demo of our Proximity System™ Software to understand how this can help your organization.
Is a Managed Uniform Program Right For You?
Our scorecard, crafted by experts in business efficiency and management, consists of nine straightforward questions about your uniform program. After completion, you'll receive a personalized score along with suggestions on how to refine and improve your uniform management process.
Advtanges of Outsourcing Employee Uniform Distribution
An employee uniform distributor plays a pivotal role in ensuring organizations have access to the necessary apparel for their workforce. This distributor sources, stocks, and supplies uniforms tailored to various industries, ensuring that businesses can outfit their employees in attire that meets industry standards, enhances brand identity, and ensures safety and comfort. They work closely with clients to understand specific needs, including design preferences, material requirements, and logistical considerations like inventory management and distribution. By providing a range of services from customization to direct delivery, uniform distributors help maintain a consistent, professional appearance for employees, contributing to a positive brand image and employee satisfaction.
Top Ten Reasons to Work With a Managed Uniform Supplier
- Consistency in employee appearance.
- Brand identity enhancement.
- Compliance with industry standards.
- Cost-effectiveness through bulk purchasing.
- Access to quality materials and designs.
- Customization options for branding.
- Efficient inventory management.
- Simplified distribution process.
- Time savings on uniform management.
- Improved employee satisfaction and morale.
Unitec Distribution Systems, a women-owned uniform distribution company based in Maryland, is committed to delivering high-quality, reliable uniform solutions for federal, state, and local government agencies. With a proven track record and an uncompromising commitment to excellence, we are your go-to source for uniform ordering, distribution, and analytics.